First evidence dates back to 1385. The square plan fortress architectural structure is supplied with a drawbridge, which confirms its control function of a communication net connecting Piacenzas hills to Via Emilia. In the donjons wall the drawbridges chain slots are still visible. The castle has three square angular towers and a beautiful entrance keep, connected by the buildings themselves. In the castle inner ward the foundations of the old isolated tower are still visible: in case of attack, it constituted the last defense.Beyond the moat surrounding the castle,there is a private oratory dedicated to Saint Gaetano, open to the public.