Its one of the many fortified buildings around Bettola. Its similar to a tower house and witnesses the period of domination of the Nicellis, at the time of the continuous fights with the Camia family.
In 1540 the pope Paolo 3rd Farnese had Farnese Tower built in order to bring order back in this area: it was his ambassadors site and it was a symbol of central power. The tower was burnt by the Nicellis, during the conspiracy agaist Pier Luigi Farnese, but Ottavio Farnese had it built again in 1562.
Its very well preserved. At present it is private property