The Monumento alla Lupa (monument of the Capitoline She-wolf) is located at the end of Via Roma and it was built in 1938, when the King Vittorio Emanuele III was proclaimed Ethiopia emperor.
For this special occasion, De Francesco, the authority of Piacenza got from Rome a copy of the Capitoline She-wolf.
Later he hired Pietro Berzolla, an architect, to conceive the basement of the monument. Berzolla designed a basement of 3,5 meters high, with two columns 7,3 meters high. These two columns were recycled from the Farnese Palace. Actually both of them were laying down there since some centuries, according to the original project of Vignola they had to be part of the facade of the palace, which was never finished.
The architrave with the inscription S.P.Q.R. tops the monument of the Capitoline She-Wolf, in order to remember the foundation of the city by the Roman Empire in 218 b.C. as an advance guard against the barbaric people.