Born as bishop delegation in 1957 in a newly formed quarter, the church was opened in 1960 and its vicarage house was completed in 1964. In 1965 it was settled the first stone of the new church, designed by Benedetto de Scarpin (architect) and Fabrizio Pocci (engineer) from Rome. The building has a rhomboidal plant and has a basement area, it occupies an area of 600 square metres, it is 36.50 m long and reaches the maximum height of 25 m. The church complex was inaugurated on the 11th February 1968. The huge crucifix in the apse and the wooden sculptures of the presbitery and the Via Crucis are by Paolo Perotti. Close by the church there is an ample area where old people, teens and children can spend their free time.