The romanesque basilica and the Baptistry were built in 1008 upon will of the Tuscan Marquis Uberto d’Orta. The Basilica is more recent than the Baptistry, probably because it was rebuilt after the earthquake in 1117.The church is made of stone and bricks. The salient façade has two protruding buttresses that contribute to the front tripartition . A round arch portal lies in the centre and is surmounted by two narrow one-mullioned windows . On the side there are two small round arch doors.THE BAPTISTRY was built as temple dedicated to pagan deities at the Roman Time, it subsequently became a chapel dedicated to St. Stephen and finally a baptistry. Made of bricks and stone, it’s got a circular plan and is divided into two levels: the first one, with a larger diameter, is surrounded by two short half columns supporting rounded arches.The second one is made of a round tambour with a cone covering. The interior is all plastered in white.