Dating back to the year 1000 the building was titled to Sacro Cuore and during the XIX Century it was an important site for the Jesuits.
At the beginning of the XIX Century the church became the Romagnosi theater. About this moment we still have only few drawings, cause it turned back soon to its religious function.
Actually Giovanni Battista Scalabrini, on the 7th June 1896, devoted back the building from its ” profane games”. This clear explanation is still readable in latin language on the commemorative plaque on the right wall, close to the main entrance.
During the 1992 the Jesuists religious activities came to the end. From now on, the theater was brought back to its performative activities. This change was possible through an important architectural renovation focus on its original space, its decorations and wall paintings.
Today the big room is open to different kind of activities, but mainly focused on theater education, workshops and theater plays.