The Institution Palace, former seat of the School of Arts and Crafts, is in the Snake Square.
The palace was built at two different times: the backward part dates back to 1908, while the jutting part dates back to 1930. It has a large porch delimited by 4 lancet arches and two balconies, a clock tower and a ghibelline crenellation in the upper part.
The external façades are decorated by a bas-relief representing Gian Galeazzo Visconti and by a marble memorial tablet commemorating the wedding between Anna Visconti di Modrone and Adolfo Caracciolo di Castagneto; under the arcades an imposing painting represents Giuseppe Visconti di Modrone’s family
IT CAN BE SEEN ONLY FROM OUTSIDE .THE BUILDING IS NO LONGER HEADOFFICE OF THE ART AND CRAFTS SCHOOL , BUT OF THE INTERNATIONAL MUSEUM OF TORTURE.