Documents on the castle date back to 1001 AD, listing it as part of the monastery of San Savino. In the 13th century the castle protected the Guelphs opposing the Visconti family; in the 14th century its owner became Gabriello Boccapiccina, to pass under Bartolomeo Chiapponin in the 15th century, then under the Gerolomini order in the 16th century, under the English college from Rome, and finally in the 18th century under the Scotti family.
In the 20th century the architect Guidotti transformed it into a late-romantic style manor.
The castle is surrounded by a large park. Huge building, with trapezoidal plan and circular towers at the four corners.Very well preserved.All indoor and outdoor areas are well fitted for weddings, meetings, concerts, conventions, fashion shows and other events.