The castle, around the year 1000, belonged to Piacenzas Bishop, Sigifredo, who gave it to San Savino’s abbot. The building, partially used as private house, partially as rural edifice, has been put under protection in compliance with law n.1089 – 1939. Very little remains of the fortress. Before its constructions there was a huge square tower, which is still visible. Inside it we recall a lancet vault hall with ribs and keystones.