The church of Santa Maria della Neve dates back to the 19th century and is located in Centora, the smallest hamlet in the municipality of Rottofreno.
Originally under the administration of Benedictine monks, this sacred temple was dedicated to St. Bartholomew.
It later passed to the Olivetans of San Sepolcro and became the church of Santa Maria della Neve.
Inside the church is a splendid organ, which has been the subject of study by experts in the field.
The instrument, the work of an unknown builder, appears to date from the early 19th Century and has positive organ dimensions. It was sold in 1858 to the parish of Centora by the parish of Gossolengo, with the approval of the parish council, for 184 liras.
It has a keyboard with 50 keys and has the registers arranged on a column to the right of the performer, while the pedalboard is a lectern with nine pedals.
On the door of the dungeon can be seen the inscription “1800.”