Such trail goes by Vernasca oratories and allows visitors to see some of the most interesting aspects of the territory. Within this trail there are:
the oratory of Mignano, close to the artificial lake – a small oratory with a semicircular Romanesque apse (12th century) decorated with a praiseworthy fresco depicting Saint James. The foundation of this oratory dedicated to San Geminiano is closely connected to the period of pilgrimages along the Pilgrim’s Way (Via Francigena);
the oratory of Madonna di Pione, a 19th century rural oratory close to Vernasca;
the oratory of Vitalta, in which village Santa Franca was born. The oratory dedicated to this saint was built in 1932 thanks to the contributions of the faithful people who believed in her;
the small Madonna della Mercede church, in San Genesio village, built in the 13th century. Of the original Romanesque temple there is only the stone portal that extends outside the façade. Inside there is a late-Gothic fresco from the 15th century;
the Renaissance oratory of Madonna delle Grazie, in Vigoleno, also known as “Madonna del Latte” because of the fresco showing the Virgin breastfeeding;
the small oratory of Santa Lucia in Terenza, built in 1710 and still preserving its original features;
the ancient San Colombano church in Vernasca. Of the 12th century Romanesque building still remain the belfry and the apse, which are presently located in a garden-square, in the upper part of the village. The rest of the temple was demolished at the beginning of the 20th century as it had already been affected by a landslide. Close by the church there is the ancient oratory, which has been restored and has become Via Francigena’s Centro Visita Provinciale. Via Francigena’s ”Centro Visita Provinciale” is a museum and a didactic area:the first floor exhibits the frescoes coming from the apse of the Parish church, among which the famous ”Madonna Incoronata” (crowned Madonna).These frescoes date back to 1474 and were taken off and restored in 1969.